Teachers TV video collection - Primary History - Lesson Starters - Post-War Immigration
Primary History Lesson Starters - Post-War Immigration
This collection of Teachers TV videos are to be used to teach about post-war immigration to KS2 History classes.
The resources can be used as starters to stimulate debate surrounding the various topics.
- Four lesson starters explore different aspects of immigration to Britain since 1945, including racism, religion and changing communities.
- A lesson starter video clip in which Jamaican immigrant Roy Hackett talks about racism in Britain in the 1960s.
- A video clip perfect for use as a lesson starter exploring how immigration has changed the face of one neighbourhood in Bristol.
- A lesson starter clip exploring how immigration has affected religion in Britain.
- A lesson starter video clip dramatising one immigrant boy’s experience of being raided by the police during the night.
More Primary History video collections
- Ideas on how to use these resources