Teachers TV video collection - Primary History - Lesson Starters - The Victorians
Primary Lesson Starters - the Victorians
Use this collection of KS2 History resources when teaching your class about The Victorians.
The videos are presented in easy to use short clips, and can be used as starting points for discussion and further work.
- Five lesson starters each using dramatic reconstruction to explore different aspects of life in Victorian Britain.
- Children visit an authentic reconstruction of a Victorian town, in this short video made for use in primary history.
- A lesson starter clip introducing the concept of the Victorian workhouse and conditions inside.
- A group of children receive a lesson from a Victorian teacher.
- A lesson starter clip dramatising four children’s experience of a Victorian-era school lesson.
- A short clip ideal for use as a lesson starter, introducing the Great Exhibition of 1851 and some of the exhibits.
- Introducing engineer Isambard Kingdom Brunel and his SS Great Britain - the world’s first iron sailing ship.
- Introducing Florence Nightingale and her role in establishing modern nursing practices.
More Primary History video collections
- Ideas on how to use these resources