Teachers TV video collection - Primary languages - Great Lesson Ideas
Primary Languages Great Lesson Ideas
Teachers demonstrate and discuss their most inspirational lessons in this collection of videos for KS2 Languages.
Covering a variety of language topics, they give tips and advice for delivering the lessons yourself.
- Using a birthday party game of pass-the-parcel in a KS2 modern languages lesson helps Year 3 pupils build their vocabulary and discover a fun way to learn French.
- See how a Year 3 teachers uses a familiar children’s story to help her pupils improve their French modern language literacy skills, in an innovative lesson idea for Key Stage 2.
- A Year 4 teacher helps her pupils develop their French modern language skills through an engaging lesson where the Key Stage 2 pupils make chocolate cakes.
- A fun, interactive Key Stage 2 MFL lesson idea for learning French weather vocabulary with a Year 4 class.
- This Key Stage 2 modern languages lesson idea shows how to teach French masculine, feminine and plural words to a Year 4 class, using a song and national flags.
- This MFL KS2 great lesson idea for a Year 5 class, uses speaking and listening games to teach French.
- A variety of reading and writing games for teaching MFL to a Year 5 class learning French, are great lesson ideas.
- Using football as a theme, this lesson idea for Year 6 MFL pupils is designed to help the teaching and learning of French vocabulary, in a fun and engaging way.
- How one teacher incorporates storytelling and writing into her KS2 MFL lesson, using the story to reinforce the teaching and learning of French vocabulary, in this modern languages pedagogy resource
- Four great lesson ideas for teaching French to your KS2 classes, which work even if you aren’t a confident linguist. Why not try ‘Jacques a dit’ (‘Simon Says’), or a bit of dancing?
For the resources used in these videos, plus many more: