Teachers TV video collection - Primary languages - Lesson Starters - French
Lesson Starters - Primary French
This collection of lesson starters are for KS2 French lessons.
The videos cover a range of topics, giving pupils an insight into French life. They can be used to introduce a new topic, or to revise learning of vocabulary.
- Short dramatised clips feature native French-speaking children, presenting scenarios to use in the classroom.
- Lesson starters featuring French-speaking children.
Countries and Cultures
- French-speaking children engaging in a range of different activities in and out of school.
- Short videos filmed in Martinique, to be used as lesson starters for primary French learners.
- It’s carnival time in Martinique, and celebrations are in full swing at École Plateau Didier in Fort de France.
- This clip focuses on some of the traditional occupations represented in a special parade as part of the carnival celebrations at École Plateau Didier, Martinique.
Likes and Dislikes
- A series of vox pops featuring pupils from École Plateau Didier in Martinique, discussing a range of topics such as food, weather, sport and music.
- What would you like to be when you grow up? This is the theme of this short series of presentations by pupils from École Plateau Didier in Fort de France, Martinique.
- In Martinique, music is an important part of the culture, and in this lesson starter Maya and her friends talk about the instruments they play and the music they like.
Games and Songs
- It’s carnival time in Martinique! Sing along with Maya and her friends as they perform ‘Papyon Volé’, a traditional Creole carnival song.
- Arnaud introduces two typical clapping games that are often played during breaktime: ‘A la sortie du lycée’ and ‘Une motocyclette’.
- Mathis and his friend Jeremie live in Fort de France, Martinique. Every day they walk to school - and this is the route that they take.
- Follow Mathis and friends as they take part in a treasure hunt around the school, searching for clues and hidden treasure!
- 10-year-old Arnaud takes us on a tour of his school, École Plateau Didier in Fort de France, Martinique.
Places - Then and Now
- Pupils from École Plateau Didier take us on a tour of Martinique’s capital, Fort de France.
- 8-year-old Mathis interviews his grandfather about life when he was young boy growing up in Fort de France, Martinique.
More Primary Languages video collections
- Ideas on how to use these resources