Teachers TV video collection - Primary languages - Lesson Starters - Spanish
Lesson Starters - Primary Spanish
This collection of lesson starters are for KS2 Spanish lessons.
The videos cover a range of topics, giving pupils an insight into life in a Spanish speaking country. They can be used to introduce a new topic, or to revise learning of vocabulary.
- Filmed on location in Cosoleacaque in southern Veracruz State, Mexico, the programme features native Spanish-speaking children presenting and engaging in a range of different activities in and out of school.
- A second collection of five short videos filmed in Mexico, to be used as lesson starters for primary Spanish learners.
Countries and Cultures
- 12-year-old Ingrid presents this clip on the typical costumes and instruments that are central to the folkloric tradition of Son Jarocho in Veracruz.
Games and songs
- A performance of the traditional song El Colás by children from Escuela Primaria 22 de Septiembre 1972.
- Román and friends demonstrate how to make a piñata in five easy steps.
- Kiabet lives in Cosoleacaque, Veracruz in Mexico. Every day he walks to school with his mother, sister and brother. This is the route he takes.
The Four Seasons
- In this clip, Ulysses introduces the four seasons as they’re known in Mexico, and talks about the weather associated with them using models created by his school friends.
Using Past Tense
- Join presenter Alejandro and two teams of boys and girls playing a game of charades in which they act out what they did yesterday.
- Edgardo takes us on a tour of his school, Escuela Primaria 22 de Septiembre 1972, located on the outskirts of Cosoleacaque, Veracruz.
Places - Then and Now
- 10-year-old Paula takes us on a tour of the city of Cosoleacaque, Veracruz, and talks about the features that she likes most.
- Jose Carlos interviews the owner of a local shop in Cosoleacaque, Veracruz about what life was like when she was young.
In the News
- A magazine show presented by Toni from the playground ‘studio’ of Escuela Primaria 22 de Septiembre 1972, featuring special reports about music, sport and the weather.
More Primary Languages video collections
- Ideas on how to use these resources