Teachers TV video collection - Primary Maths - Lesson Ideas
Primary Maths Lesson Ideas
Teachers demonstrate and discuss their most inspirational lessons in this collection of videos for KS2 Maths.
Covering a variety of Maths topics, they give tips and advice for delivering the lessons yourself.
Number and Calculation
- Great lesson ideas for primary maths, involving maths games with dice and codes. The teachers demonstrate why the activities work and how best to do them.
- Great lesson ideas about number, using factor bugs, a counting stick and by making last digit clock patterns.
Shape, Space and Measures
- Three great maths lesson ideas about shape and space - experimenting with elastic shapes, going on a shape hunt, and turning 2D into 3D shap
- Great lesson ideas about measures - children have to estimate the volume of puddles, make muffins and concoct magic potions!
- This great lesson idea, aimed at key stage 2 maths, is designed to help pupils understand that fractions are different parts of a whole.
- This great lesson idea on KS2 Algebra, gets pupils to look for patterns, when working out how many squares there are in different sized chessboards.
- This great lesson idea, aimed at key stage 2 maths, gets pupils to develop their understanding problem-solving language using a sorting activity.
- Featuring human graphs, taking part in Olympic Maths, and estimating time passing from inside a Tardis.
For the resources used in these videos, plus many more: