Teachers TV video collection - Primary Music lesson ideas
Primary Lesson Ideas - Music
Teachers demonstrate and discuss their most inspirational lessons in this collection of videos for KS2 Music.
Covering a variety of Music topics, they give tips and advice for delivering the lessons yourself.
- Teachers at Waycroft Primary school in Bristol use assembly to teach the whole of Key Stage 2 a song from scratch.
- A Key Stage 2 class compose a Tudor fanfare on the recorder as part of a music lesson linked to a larger history project, in this cross-curriculum lesson planning idea.
- Alice Vickers from Waycroft Primary School in Bristol gets her KS2 children to notate a piece of music with only three notes.
- Using percussion instruments Jenny Griffin teaches her KS2 class from Bristol a musical rondo.
- Presenter Renee Montemayor introduces simple vocal warm ups and three easy to learn classroom songs, with the help of two young musicians and a primary school choir.
For the resources used in these videos, plus many more: