Teachers TV video collection - Primary Science - Lesson Starters - Living Things
Lesson Starters - Living Things
This is a collection of lesson starters for use in KS2 Science.
These videos are intended to introduce pupils the the topic of ‘Living Things’.
Full Length videos
- A range of KS2 science lesson starters, including ones covering ‘Living Things’.
- Seven lesson starts for use on the interactive whiteboard. Each starter introduces a different science topic through documentary or drama.
Humans and other animals
- Follow Alex as he visits a farm and learns some key scientific concepts through his encounters with a pig and some lambs.
- A short clip, particularly ideal for Year 4 pupils, showing how the muscles work together to make our bodies move.
- This video shows a group of children visiting a farm, perfect for use with pupils in primary science.
- A comic dramatisation which can be used to demonstrate how a food chain works and how it can be disrupted.
- A short clip shows how micro-organisms can help us to produce some of the foods we like to eat. Ideal for use as a lesson starter in KS2 science.
More Primary Science video collections
- Ideas on how to use these resources