Teachers TV video collection - Secondary English - Lesson Starters and Resources - Drama and Media
Lesson Starters and Resources - Drama and Media
This is a collection of KS3 English lesson starters.
The videos can be used to inspire speaking and listening tasks with students.
They are presented here as one full length version and as a collection of clips, to help you pick which ones you want to use.
- This video features actor Prunella Scales who helps a student to workshop her monologue, and and then offers advice.
- A Drama student is told how to emphasise the right words and phrases of his speech so that its meaning isn’t lost on the audience.
- A monologue that can be shown in secondary English as an example of a comic script.
- Key professionals involved in the creation of aTV advert and the BBC soap Holby City explain in detail how and why key decisions were taken during their production.
More Secondary English video collections
- Ideas on how to use these resources