Teachers TV video collection - Secondary English - Lesson Starters - Speaking and Listening
Lesson Starters - Speaking and Listening
This is a collection of KS3 English lesson starters.
The videos can be used to inspire speaking and listening tasks with students.
They are presented here as one full length version and as a collection of clips, to help you pick which ones you want to use.
Full length video
- Four short open-ended dramas aimed at inspiring pupils to promote speaking and listening in the classroom.
- A dilemma arises in this open-ended drama for KS3 English.
- An open-ended drama about a mystery baby, for KS3 English.
- An unexpected letter makes for a good starting point for speaking and listening tasks.
- An open-ended drama that can be used to inspire speaking and listening.
More Secondary English video collections
- Ideas on how to use these resources