Teachers TV video collection - Secondary Maths - KS4 Maths Resources - Inside Maths
KS4 Maths Resources - Inside Maths
A variety of Maths problems and topics are looked at in this series for KS4 Maths Students.
- Fran manipulates different speed/time/distance formulae to convince Dave that take-off and landing in a small plane is safe.
- Dave works out how much it will cost to tile a bathroom, a job that is made more complicated as the owner keeps changing the shape of the mirror she wants on the wall.
- A local dance school has a problem - it wants to enlarge the logo on their t-shirts. Dave heads off with tutu and ruler in hand to see if he can help.
- Using straight-line graphs, Fran compares mobile phone contracts. Is an 18-month contract with free phone better than Dave’s pay-as-you-go deal?
- Fran sends Dave off to a sports centre to create some distance/time data. Fran then plots his distance/time graphs to see how fit Dave really is.
- Fran sends Dave off to find her a fish tank. The tank has to be big enough for the fish, so Dave has to work out the volumes of differently shaped tanks.
More Secondary Maths video collections
- Ideas on how to use these resources