Teachers TV video collection - Secondary Maths - Lesson Ideas
Secondary Maths Lesson Ideas
Teachers demonstrate and discuss their most inspirational lessons in this collection of videos for KS3 and KS4 Maths.
Covering a variety of Maths topics, they give tips and advice for delivering the lessons yourself.
Measuring and Calculating
- This fun and active Maths lesson for Key Stage 3 students involves measuring, estimating and calculating, and contains a great lesson idea for use in lesson planning.
- The imaginative use of non-standard measuring tools gets Year 8 pupils to think about how accurate measurements actually are.
Statistics and Data
- Year 9 pupils learn about graphs and their gradients by creating living straight-line graphs in their classroom.
- A simple ‘memory’ game gets Year 8 pupils working together to explore equations.
- A KS4 Maths algebra revision lesson that enables students to share their different methods in solving mathematical problems.
- Year 7 pupils work as a team as they investigate Fibonacci numbers.
Maths Project Ideas
- A KS4 Maths project over five lessons, demonstrating to students how to apply their mathematical knowledge to planning a trip abroad.
- A KS4 GCSE Maths revision lesson that is used as a means of assessing students’ understanding of a recently completed module of work.
For the resources used in these videos, plus many more: