Teachers TV video collection - Secondary Maths - Lesson Starters - Geometry
KS3 Maths Lesson Starters - Geometry
This collection of KS3 Maths lesson starters all look at the topic of geometry.
The videos can be used at the beginning of a lesson in order to to pose geometrical problems, and to get students thinking about gemoetry in the context of the wider world.
- How do you measure the floorplan of a cathedral using a simple compass?
- The challenge is to measure one of Durham Cathedral’s towering columns, using rope, a metre rule and similar triangles.
- Discover hidden symmetry in Durham Cathedral, and how to find the circumference of one of the columns.
- Investigating the proportions in Durham Cathedral and the ratios that are very similar to the golden ratio.
- Mathematical challenges and brain teasers which are linked to some magical number patterns.
- Maths expert Isaac Anoom goes to the seaside to pose questions about the properties of triangles and gives some helpful clues and answers.
More Secondary Maths video collections
- Ideas on how to use these resources