Teachers TV video collection - Secondary PSHE - Physical and emotional issues
Secondary PSHE - Physical and Emotional Issues
This collection of Teachers TV PSHE resources have been made specifically for teaching KS3 and KS4 students.
They identify a range of emotional and physical issues, making them a good starting point for discussion and further work on these sensitive topics.
Troubled Minds Series
- A compilation of four short animated films, narrated by young people who have been real life sufferers of: eating disorders, obsessive compulsive disorder, Asperger’s Syndrome and self-harm.
- A young woman describes how she took to physically harming herself to seek relief and distraction from the emotional pain she was suffering.
- A young man describes how his Asperger’s Syndrome caused him to struggle socially at school, and consequently suffer great emotional distress.
- Danny describes his obsessive compulsive disorder - the overwhelming impulse to do things over and over and over again.
- A young woman describes the dangerous eating disorders of binging and purging from which she has now recovered, but which once threatened her life.
- Teens giving their opinions on depression in this video intended to spark class debate.
- Anorexia is a complex mental illness which can affect young men as well as women. Teens reveal what led them to become anorexic and describe the long-road to recovery.
- A lesson starter on anger issues, featuring an interview with a teenage boy.