Teachers TV video collection - Secondary Science - KS3 & KS4 Classroom Resources - Biology
- A young sportsman who is a paraplegic explains some of the issues surrounding the use of stem cells in this video for secondary science students.
- A pastor talks about the religious debate about stem cell research in this video for secondary science students.
- An overview of the Antarctic world.
- Presenting the arguments for and against scientists travelling to the remote Antarctic continent.
- Should we be worrying about holes in Antarctica’s glaciers?
- Should tourists be allowed to visit Antarctica?
- The potential threat to Antarctica from industrial exploitation.
- From microscopic dancing bugs, to a journey from the toilet to a sewage works, we bring you five demonstrations of ‘good’ and ‘bad’ bugs at work.
- Join an international team of marine biologists on an Arctic Ocean expedition, and in their labs, as they search for new species of micro-organisms which live on the ocean floor.
- Micro-organisms may provide life support essentials on a mission to Mars. Via a NASA communication link-up, Inside Science chats with astronauts in orbit about space travel and micro-organisms.
Environment and sustainability
- From organic farming to paper recycling, we bring you five demonstrations of how plants adapt to their environment, and how essential they are to our lives - for use with students in the classroom.
- Ideas on how to use these resources