Teachers TV video collection - Secondary Science lesson ideas
Secondary Science Lesson Ideas
Teachers demonstrate and discuss their most inspirational lessons in this collection of videos for KS3 Science.
Covering a variety of Science topics, they give tips and advice for delivering the lessons yourself.
- Year 10 pupils receive a visit from the ‘radiation officer’ to help them get to grips with their coursework on smoke alarms.
- The classic Cartesian Diver experiment gets re-worked as a magic trick, as a class of Year 7’s explore pressure and density.
- Using the context of martial arts, Year 9 pupils investigate energy and forces to see if theoretically they could break a piece of wood with a karate punch!
- Watch three trips to Goonhilly Earth Station, The National Space Centre and The Field Studies Centre at Dale Fort and be inspired to take your secondary scientists out of class for a study day.
- Year 9 pupils investigate the reactivity series by carrying out a safe version of the thermit reaction.
- Three short experiments for Year 7’s to explore the principle of conservation of mass.
- A vibrant Year 7 lesson investigating colour change and indicators.