Teachers TV video teaching resources - Secondary PSHE - Sex and relationships
Secondary PSHE Resources - Sex and Relationship Education
This collection of videos have been selected to help teachers deliver KS3 and KS4 PSHE lessons.
The resources look at sex and relationship issues, such as preganacy and abuse, and can be used to spark discussion in the classroom.
Sex and Pregnancy
- PSHE lesson starters where teenagers discuss subjects including pregnancy and sex.
- Puberty is a time of great vulnerability when young people can be persuaded or feel pressured into having sex. Luka describes how as a year 10 student, she had to deal with a boy who wanted to have sex with her.
- Emma, a peer educator from the teenage pregnancy charity Straight Talking, goes into schools to talk to young people about the realities of being a teenage parent.
- Aimed at pupils being taught PSHE at KS3/4, young peoples attitudes towards abortion are explored, including discussions with students from both faith and non-faith schools.
- Following three young fathers in Sunderland, this programme looks at what is being done to help teenage fathers, often ignored in the issue of teenage pregnancy.
- Following two young mums-to-be in the weeks leading up to the birth of their babies.
- Intended to provoke classroom debate, these clips show teens talking about sex.
- A 16 year-old girl talks openly about her experiences with a relationship which went from being treated “like a princess” to violence, pregnancy, self harm and suicide attempts.
- This true account of the experiences of an abused child is recounted by an actor and is ideal for use in secondary PSHE.
- Teens discuss using technology in their relationships
- Is marriage forever, or just a convenient solution to an early pregnancy? Teens talk about relationships.