Teaching Resources WJEC GCSE English Literature Unseen Poetry
From TES English, English teacher resources and lesson ideas to support teaching, learning and revision for WJEC GCSE Lit Unseen Poetry examination unit.
Teaching English Resources - Unseen Poetry Illustrated Interactive Whiteboard E-poetry Booklets
- For English teachers, two illustrated e-poetry booklets containing each of the poems from the teaching pack. Great for English starters and plenaries. Further teaching and revision ideas are suggested within the pack.
- Click ‘Play’ to launch the booklets.
- The e-poetry booklets are digital flash files. E-poetry Booklet 1 contains images and copies of the poems.
- The e-poetry booklets are digital flash files. E-poetry Booklet 2 contains images and copies of the poems together with embedded audio MP3 readings of each poem.
Print-based teaching resources
Free teaching resources, worksheets and activities on each poem from the teaching pack. All printable resources are available as both DOC and PDF files. Also included are downloadable MP3 readings and brief commentaries on each poem.
- ‘November Story’ by Vernon Scannell and ‘November night, Edinburgh’ by Norman MacCaig
- November Story’ by Vernon Scannell and ‘November night, Edinburgh’ by Norman MacCaig
- ‘Names’ by Wendy Cope
- ‘In Oak Terrace’ by Tony Connor
- ‘Summer in the Village’ by Christine Evans
- ‘Incoming Calls’ by Labi Siffre
- ‘Impressions of a New Boy’ by Marian Collihole and ‘Only the Wall’ by Matthew Sweeney
- ‘Grandfather’ by Susan Hrynkow and ‘Jessie Emily Schofield’ by Judy Williams.
- ‘Foghorns’ by Gillian Clarke and ‘The Fog Horn’ by Frances Williams
- ‘The Railway Modeller’ by Sheenagh Pugh and ‘The Railway Clerk’ by Nissam Ezekial; ‘Looking into the Field’ by Tony Curtis and ‘Hatching’ by Elizabeth Jennings; ‘The Moth’s Plea’ by Elizabeth Jennings and ‘Weasels’ by John Tripp.