Team Leader – SDN Brighter Futures Central Sydney
SDN Brighter Futures Central Sydney in Redfern
A fantastic opportunity exists for a Team Leader within our Brighter Futures Program in Redfern.
In this role, reporting to the Area Manager, you will lead a team of Early Intervention Case Managers in the delivery of the Brighter Futures program to enrolled families. You will bring your experience in child & family case management, along with exceptional leadership skills, to support, coach and develop the team in their support to families in accordance with individual case plans.
Brighter Futures offers family case management, home visiting and parenting programs for families, and supported child care for their young children. The aim of Brighter Futures is that families gain new skills that help them care for their children and prevent an escalation into the child protection system.
You will have:
- University qualifications in social work, psychology, social science or equivalent recognised by the Australian Association of Social Workers (AASW).
- Experience of working within a community services and / or child and family social work environment at an operational management or a senior practitioner level.
- Demonstrated ability in the provision of effective child and family centred early intervention case management guidance and supervision to caseworkers with an ability to coach, train and lead others using a strengths-based approach.
- Demonstrated commitment to child focused practice, well developed understanding of Child Protection practices, a sound understanding of legislation and an ability to effectively assess, prioritise and manage risks to child wellbeing.
- Experience working with vulnerable and complex children and families in an early intervention context, including those from different cultural backgrounds.
- Demonstrated commitment to integrated, collaborative and inclusive practice and decision-making as part of multi -disciplinary teams around the child/family.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain positive working relationships with a range of key stakeholders, including government agencies and community based organisations.
- Well-developed leadership skills and an ability to lead a team of professionals in a challenging and changing environment.
SDN’s values and philosophy are at the heart of everything we do. If you share our values and believe that through working together we can make the world a better and more equitable place then we want to hear from you!
For further information, please contact Amy Fossett; Recruitment Advisor on (02) 9213 2414. Applications must address the selection criteria and should be received by close of business, Wednesday 25 September 2013.
Close Date: 25th September 2013