We take your privacy seriously and we are committed to keeping your information private and we will process your personal information in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988.
Under the Privacy Act 1988 (“the Act”), TSL is required to comply with the 10 National Privacy Principles (“NPPs”). These regulate how personal information is handled throughout its life cycle, from collection to use and disclosure, storage, accessibility and disposal.
Personal information is defined in the Act as:
- Information or an opinion (including information or an opinion forming part of a database), whether true or not, and whether recorded in a material form or not, about an individual whose identity is apparent, or can reasonably be ascertained, from the information or opinion.
Scope of this policy
TSL Sites and Services include, and without limitation:
Information about your visits (NPP 1, NPP7, NPP 8 and NPP10)
We collect personal information from visitors to this website through the use of on-line forms and every time you e-mail us your details. We also collect information about the transactions you may undertake including details of payment methods used. We automatically gather information about your visits to our sites. This includes demographic data and browsing patterns. This is used to build up marketing profiles, to aid strategic development, to manage our relationship with advertisers and to audit usage of the site. To the extent required by the Act, we will:
- only collect personal information about you that is necessary for one or more of this Sites functions
- collect personal information about you only by lawful and fair means and not in an unreasonably intrusive manner.
- collect personal information directly from you and we will take reasonable steps at or before the time of collection to ensure that you are aware of certain key matters, such as the purposes for which we are collecting the information
- not share, transfer, sell or rent your information with any other organisation.
- not collect sensitive information, other than if required by law or in the lawful processing of a recruitment service
We will provide you with the option of not identifying yourself when it is lawful and practicable to do so. For example, you may search our programs, gain background information about us and explore the public features of the website without making your identity known to us. We will issue our own internal identification numbers and will not use Commonwealth government identifiers as an identifier of registration or membership.
Use of personal information
Contact and other details you supply as part of the registration process will be used by us to authenticate your identity, deal with your inquiries and requests and to provide you with our services (including to process your orders and administer your account). We may also use your personal information to personalise aspects of our services, to carry out market research surveys, to contact you about opportunities that we believe may be relevant to you and to provide you with updates about developments on the sites and information about the products and services we offer. Information may also be used and disclosed for marketing and strategic development purposes, for example to identify trends usage. It is your responsibility to ensure that any information submitted as part of the registration process, to your user account or as part of an application to a job posting is accurate and up to date. If you have elected to receive information about our products or services or the products or services offered jointly with or on behalf of other organisations and/or “alerts” from us via email (by creating an alert in the Jobs by Email service) and would like at any time to unsubscribe from this service, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org[or click on the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of an email].
Disclosures (NPP 2)
In order to provide Sites services we will share your personal information with other organisations such as partners and third party service providers. You should be aware that some of the Sites and Services are hosted by us on behalf of those recruiting institutions that have signed-up to process job vacancies and applications via the Service. In order to provide these Services we will share your personal information with such institutions. We do not verify the identity or the nature of the business of such organisations and we are not in any way responsible for any use or misuse of your personal information by those institutions. To the extent you have any concerns about an institution’s handling of your personal information you should get in touch with that institution. We will not disclose any information we keep about you to any third parties, except for (1) other companies in the TSL Education group of companies, (2) where you have agreed to the sharing of data, (3) any suppliers we engage to provide services which involve processing data on our behalf. To the extent required by the Act, we will only use or disclose your personal information for a purpose (the “secondary purpose”) other than the purpose for which it was originally collected (the “primary purpose”) where:
- the secondary purpose is related to the primary purpose (or is directly related, in the case of sensitive information), and you would reasonably expect us to use or disclose your personal information for that secondary purpose; or
- you have consented to the use or disclosure of your personal information for the secondary purpose; or
- the use or disclosure is required or authorised by or under law; or the use or disclosure is otherwise permitted by the Act.
Content posted by you
Third Party Privacy Policies
Third Party Data Processors
In order to deliver our services, we will need to process and store your personal information and may need to transfer it to the relevant partners for processing both inside and outside the Australia. These third parties simply process data on behalf of TSL Education and have no right to use, disclose or transfer your personal information in any other way. By submitting your personal information, you consent to such processing and transfers in connection with your use of our services.
Security & Quality (NPP 3 and NPP 4)
We are committed to ensuring that personal information is held securely and we will take reasonable steps to:
- ensure that any personal information we collect, use and disclose is appropriate, accurate, complete and up-to-date;
- protect the personal information that we hold from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure; and
- destroy or permanently depersonalise information that is no longer needed for any purpose that is permitted by the Act.
You can help us to keep the personal information that it holds accurate, complete and up to date, by letting us know about any changes to your personal registration information.
Trans-border data flows and transfers (NPP 9)
All Site personal information is held in the United Kingdom and complies with the United Kingdom Data Protection Act 1998 and Privacy & Electronic Communications Regulations 2003 and TSL Education will also comply at all times with requirements of the Act that relate to trans-border data flows. Please note that countries outside Australia may not always have the same level of protection as within Australia, but where required we will always demand that those parties to whom we transfer data adhere to the same security procedures that we follow ourselves. By submitting your personal information, you consent to such processing and transfers in connection with such orders, offers or services and for any other purposes to which you consent at the time you provide the information.
Access and Correction (NPP 5 and NPP 6)
You have a right to access the personal information held about you, subject to any exceptions in the Act. To obtain a copy of the personal information we hold about you, please write to the Data Protection Officer at email@example.com or write to one of the addresses detailed below. We will use all reasonable efforts to answer any questions or resolve any concerns regarding your privacy promptly. A charge may be applicable for providing such access.
Contact & Complaints
Legal and Contact Information
Contact person: The Data Protection Officer
Registered UK head office: TSL Education Ltd
26 Red Lion Square
London WC1R 4HQ
Company number: 02017289
Registered Australian company: TSL Education Australia Pty Limited
2 Southbank Boulevard
Southbank VIC 3006, Australia
ACN: 163 063 723