TES collection AS Biology revision
Secondary Science - AS Biology produced by Richard Spencer
This is a collection or revision and review activities produced for teaching of AS Biology, covering a range of topics for OCR AS Biology, but which can be adapted for AS Biology topics for other exam boards.
- A circle activity to review biochemical tests for sugars, starch, proteins and lipids.
- Revision activity to review knowledge of biological molecules.
- Revision game to review key terminology about enzymes.
- Crossword on enzymes, including clues, blank crossword and solution.
- Card Loop for AS Topic on Enzymes.
- Review activity to summarise key words and phrases related to enzymes.
- Review activity on the Fluid Mosaic Model of cell membrane structure.
- Quiz about different types of transport across cell membranes - tick or cross activity
- Group challenge activity to draw and label Fluid Mosaic Model of cell membrane structure
- Song about the difference in nucleotide composition of mRNA versus DNA, including transcription
- Activity challenging students to create questions to given answers.
- eLearning activity in which students sequence the stages of mitosis.
- Song about how to calculate sizes of organelles or magnification from given information.
- Web link to a video about the structure of the heart (on the o2 learn website)
- Starter or plenary activity in which students quiz each other about their knowledge of key concepts in evolution.
- Game to revisit and revise key concepts in evolution.