TES collection Emotional well-being
A new collection for secondary teachers and professionals who work with young people
Videos from Teachers TV
- A personal look at the trauma of self-harm – a video from Teachers TV
- A teenager describes life with OCD – a video from Teachers TV
- One dedicated teacher takes a huge risk to help troubled girls. Headteacher Sue Tinson has risked £500,000 of personal debt to open The Serendipity Centre - a school for girls with complex emotional and behavioural issues – a video from Teachers TV
Further resources for well-being
- Advice for teenagers including: Growing up and growing older / the human condition / getting to know yourself / living with people & relationships / the future
- Practical strategies to challenge negative thinking - research for teacher support.
- Flashcards/Display about feelings. Words to talk about feelings with. Creative writing vocabulary resource
- The powerpoint contains a slide with over 100 emotions on it. By clicking on the word it will be highlighted in yellow. I have used this with Key Stage 3 to develop empathy and to discuss feelings and emotions experienced during puberty, the students felt more comfortable choosing the words from the board then having to think of them themselves.
- A teen soap-opera designed to support teaching of the PSHE curriculum. The video episodes are free and can be downloaded at www.truetube.co.uk Vinnie Dupe’s life feels like a bad sitcom. He’s in love with his best friend Eva, who just started dating Danny - who is seeing Vinnie’s sister, Lesley, on the side. So it’s no wonder Vinnie decides to create a supercool online alter ego called Victor so he can put the world to rights on his blog - but then… things start to get out of control…
- A powerpoint exploring depression and anxiety with links to you tube clips.