TES collection Money
Secondary maths - Resources and ideas with a money theme
Resources shared by the Personal Finance Education Group
- Series of lesson plans, activities and assembly ideas to tie in with My Money Week
- The lesson plans cover: Economic understanding, Personal finance, Business terms, Wages, Taxes and Money Management.
- By the end of this lesson pupils will: Consider their opinions about gambling and listen and recognise the views of others. Better understand the effects of problem gambling.
- This activity outlines the range of jobs available in the sports industry, the qualifications, the salary and qualifications required.
- Engaging teaching units that use personal finance as a stimulating context for mathematics.
- Jam-packed with fun activities for class lessons and whole-school activities
- The activities here are designed to help pupils think about the range of factors that can influence their spending choices.
- This game has been designed to help pupils understand and practise budgeting for college.
- This handbook is for teachers of mathematics to help them build personal finance education into schemes of work with key stage 3 and 4 learners.
- Pfeg is an independent charity helping schools to plan and teach personal finance relevant to students’ lives and needs.
- The UK debt quiz deals with large numbers and the percentage lessons cover all the KS3 Programme of Study outcomes in financial contexts.
- This lesson asks pupils to look at data on the tax takes from different income groups of the population.
- Maths skills/Functional Maths skills taught in this programme are: solving problems, making change, and using addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division with money.
- The game involves decision making and risk taking regarding when to spend and when not to spend as you travel up the board paying for different things as you go.
- Two games where the students are shown pictures of objects and they have to estimate the price of the whole basket.
- This guide provides lots of helpful information about money management and how to approach it with your classes.
- The solution requires all four basic operations as well as problem-solving skills and knowledge of money.
- On location at a modern shopping mall, maths advisor and performer Isaac Anoom presents a selection of quick-fire starter questions for KS3 maths.
- Perfect for use with all types of interactive whiteboards.
- Building water bottle rockets out of pop bottles is fun for everyone.