Primary Music - Music and Lyrics
Songs, lyrics and music - from traditional nursery songs to classical choral music, there’s something for everyone on the TES Resources site! And all are available free. We’ve chosen a selection of resources to inspire your pupils - and save you time trawling through the internet!
Tanbur Music Education Links
- Interactive Music website links, to learn about instruments, composers and musical styles from around the world, with music samples.
- 100 choral MP3s to listen to or download, including popular, classical, folk, jazz…
Call and Response and Echo Songs
- A selection of ‘call and response’ and echo songs, some traditional and others by contemporary composers.
- Songs from around the world, highlighting pitch and call and refrain. The video begins with simple vocal warm-up exercises.
- MP3 samples of medieval music, both sacred and secular. Useful for children to hear early music played on traditional instruments.
MP3s, Musical contexts
Free Music Resources - EY/KS1
- A link to lots of children’s songs, in MP3 format, to download for free.
Chocolate.Eater has shared links to various children’s songs with vocal backing for children to sing along to:
Five Little Speckled Frogs
Miss Polly Had a Dolly
One Two Three Four Five, Once I Caught a Fish Alive
Twinkle Twinkle Little Star
Twinkle Twinkle Chocolate Bar
Wizard of Oz lyrics
- Lyrics for all the main songs from the film.
Minibeasts Songs and Rhymes
- Lyrics to numerous simple songs, all about minibeasts.
Dinosaur Songs and Rhymes
- Lyrics and suggested tunes for fun dinosaur songs, some with actions.
- A collection of popular children’s song lyrics, with illustrations.
Colours of the Rainbow
- Lyrics and MP3 file for a colours song - perfect to teach a KS1 class or for assembly.
- Also known as ‘Cauliflowers Fluffy’, here are illustrated lyrics to the popular children’s song.
- Song lyrics for younger children, particularly useful for rhythm and beat.
‘God’s Colours’ and ‘All will Be Well’
- Music MP3s and lyrics to two original songs, composed by a teacher in the Shetland Islands. These would link well with an RE or PSHE topic.
It’s Fun to be a Boy!
- Get the boys singing! A fun song, with lyrics, sheet music and a link to video, to encourage boys to sing.
- Lyrics for a selection of seaside songs.