TES collection PE - Dance
Resources to inspire lessons on various styles of dance, movement and expression for secondary PE lessons, as well as material for display, assessment and planning all shared by teachers on TES.
Dance for Secondary pupils
- Some images of dancing for ideas and inspiration, or classroom display.
- Dance cube hand out suitable for individual work in dance or as an introductory lesson.
- These resources containing ideas on 4 areas of Laban’s analysis table - action, space, dynamics and relationships.
- A worksheet designed to help students begin choreography projects. It includes space to write down initial ideas, choice of music and movements.
- An introduction or useful hand out for dance lessons, looking at a background of different dances and the categories they belong to.
- Some ideas and dance steps made easy for anyone who wants to approach this exciting style of dance.
- Jazz assignment brief with accompanying syncopation worksheet.
- Worksheet and material to use for BTEC Jazz, with teacher answer sheet.
- A set of cards that can be used to allow pupils to teach themselves the Ka Mate Haka.
- Video of Chinese dance useful as a starter or introduction to different cultures and their dancing styles.
- A worksheet for pupils to chart different types of accompaniment & their contribution to dance.
Planning & assessment
- A useful starting point for teaching BTEC Dance first certificate, also as reference material suitable for other areas of dance teaching.
- Use during the teaching of any dance for pupils to peer assess and level work using the descriptors.
- Lesson starter and worksheet on performance skills, both artistic and technical.
- A simple evaluation sheet to help students identify positive points in each other’s work and what can be improved.