TES collection PE Team games
Primary Physical Education - Team Games
Team games require more than knowledge of the rules and a willingness to join in: these resources introduce the individual skills needed, such as catching, throwing, aiming and playing as a team. Also included are plans for invasion and team games. Invaluable - particularly for the non-PE-specialists amongst us!
Skills and Technioques
- The purpose of this lesson is to introduce young pupils to the skills of aiming, sending and receiving a ball.
- The purpose of this lesson is to introduce young pupils to the skills of sending, receiving, striking and travelling with a ball.
- A series of lessons for fundamental movements, e.g. kick, catch, overarm throw, leap, hop, skip, with images.
- Each drill comes with diagrams and clear instructions. All the games and activities are easily adaptable to use in the teaching of other invasion games such as hockey, rugby or basketball.
- Some games to teach skills useful for cricket.
- Coaching card resource to teach the serve.
- Coaching card to teach the dig.
Delios has contributed multi-skill cards of games that introduce various skills for KS1 pupils:
- An American site of activities and games for primary students – great for ideas and inspiration.
- Why not try something different in your Games lesson? This resource offers a range of games originating in Africa, with full instructions and an image of children playing each game.
- These plans are aimed at Year 6 but can be adapted for other year groups.
- Scheme of Work for Cricket in Year 6.
- Assessment posters for KS2 / 3.
- Lesson ideas for Basketball, Badminton, Vaulting and Netball.
- Plans for lessons to introduce the skills needed for these team games.
- Plans for a variety of invasion/dodging games, with diagrams.
- Created for year 5 as an introduction to Rounders.
- Team building games split into communication, problem-solving and physical challenge games - a bit like the Crystal Maze!