Games, Gymnastics and Assessment
Let’s get physical! A collection of brilliant, time-saving, PE resources to inspire your pupils.
Warm Up - Activities to get your pupils moving:
- 15 different warm-up games, for either KS1 or KS2. Get your pupils up and moving and having fun!
Top 40 PE Warm Ups
- A huge variety of warm ups for all year groups.
Assessment, Theory and Planning
KS1 and KS2 ‘I can’ targets for PE
- Levels of attainment for Athletics, Gymnastics, Games and Dance translated into child-friendly targets. Brilliant for self-assessment!
Level Descriptors 1-8
- An assessment record sheet using level descriptors.
Accelerated Learning in PE
- Theory of positive thinking applied to PE teaching and learning.
PE Policy document
- A good framework for a thorough and concise PE Policy, easily adapted to suit your school.
- Five different types of activity for the children to try on each day of the week - a running, skipping, playground marking and ball game, plus an activity of the children’s own choice.
Cross-Curricular Sports Activities
- Some interesting ideas on how to incorporate sports into other areas of the curriculum.
Introductory Sessions - Basketball, Tag Rugby and Kwik Cricket
- Plans for lessons to introduce the skills needed for these team games.
PE lesson plans - Games
- Plans for a variety of invasion/dodging games, with diagrams.
KS1 Multi Skills Lesson Plans
- Six weeks’ worth of detailed plans, aiming to promote agility, balance and co-ordination.
PE Ball Skills for YR/Y1
- A medium-term plan learning ball skills, with links to a transport theme.
Sporting Activity Cards
- Illustrated cards of a huge range of PE activities, some suitable for pupils with special needs.
Active Times Tables
- Practise multiplication facts whilst getting some exercise. What a great idea!
African Ball Games
- Why not try something different in your Games lesson? This resource offers a range of games originating in Africa, with full instructions and an image of children playing each game.
Multi Skills Resource Cards
- Resource cards for each station in a multi-skills lesson.
Ideas for PE Games and Sports Days
- A useful link to a variety of games, sorted by category, that are easy to set up.
Gymnastics - Bridges
- Plans for a unit on the theme of bridges. Aimed at Year 5 but could be easily adapted.
Basic Shapes in Gymnastics
- Clear diagrams and short descriptions of all the basic shapes, to use for display or maybe as prompt cards.
PE Non-Participation Sheet
- A sheet of questions for pupils to answer, based on the PE lesson they are sitting out of.
PE shed labels
- Editable labels to help keep your equipment space tidy.