TES collection PSHE resources highlights
Secondary PSHE - Resource Highlights
As we approach the end of the year it seems the ideal time to revisit some of the best resources that have made an appearance in the PSHE channel this year. These resources can be used all throughout the school year to discuss a range of interesting and engaging topics, raise pupil awareness and make them think about themselves and their classmates. Thank you to all the fantastic TES Contributors who have shared their excellent material and continue to do so.
- Powerpoint about STI’s. Contains information about causes, symptoms along with graphic images.
- A brief PowerPoint outlining key facts relating to HIV/AIDS
- A 35 page booklet of puzzles and problems to promote positive relationships between pupils.
- Booklet of lessons that address homophobic bullying.
- Teenagers talk about sexual bullying in schools.
- Two secondary schools show differing approaches to STEM careers.
- The toolkit guides you through a variety of activities you can use to structure and encourage discussion in the classroom.
- A powerpoint presentation suitable for KS2 / KS3 for the National ‘No Smoking Day’ assembly - where the effects of smoking are explored, with interactive True/False statements.
- Over the top groupwork activity around personal hygiene designed with Year 8 illustrations. Similar activities on: www.collaborativelearning.org
- A set of Healthy eating Top Trumps, that I use as a starter in year 7, when discussing healthy food choices…..could be used by KS2/3
- Best of green.tv -This intergalactic parody is set “not long ago in a supermarket not so far away”.
- For National Vegetarian Week, an assembly exploring why some people choose to be vegetarian, and some of the myths about vegetarianism.
- A young person uncertain about how to find work, interviews a range of people about their work – what they wanted to be and what they’ve ended up doing.