TES collection Reflections and Inspirations
Reflections & Inspirations
A handpicked set of resources for inspiring reflective professional practice and stimulating creative ideas and approaches to teaching and learning.
Inspirational videos from Teachers TV
Inspirational pupils and colleagues
- Presenter Peter Curran teases out some great stories from a group of top teachers about the pupils who’ve made the strongest impression on them, and from whom they’ve learnt the most.
- Presenter Peter Curran elicits more great stories from a group of top teachers about the pupils who’ve had the biggest impact on them.
- Peter Curran chairs a group of teachers who recount tales, both inspirational and frustrating, of bosses and colleagues who have made a profound impression on their careers. Accounts are told of teachers who have overcome a poor appraisal and managed to go on to triumph in the classroom.
- This programme follows the lives of five inspirational gay teachers to find out how they cope with school.
Inspiring school improvement & leaderships
- Jo Owen visits Philomena Cozens, an experienced deputy headteacher from St Clere’s School in Essex, to find out if she has what it takes to become a headteacher.
- Jo Owen visits Emma Penzer, an experienced deputy head at Woodberry Down Community Primary School in Hackney, to find out if she has what it takes to become a headteacher.
- How four schools in east London are tackling their duty to promote community cohesion, and involving their local communities in different ways.
- Evelyn Community Primary School in Prescot has focussed on pupil and staff as much as curriculum development as part of their improvement strategy.
- Headteacher of Escola Maciel Pinheiro in north-east Brazil, Lucia de Sousa Periera, is a strong leader who instills respect in the school despite its situation in a bad neighbourhood.
Inspiring teaching practice
- Inspiration for using blogging, video conferencing and other techno-savvy tools for teachers.
- Advice on how to develop inspirational pedagogy and have a lasting effect on your pupils and colleagues.
- Watch how inspirational magic can help make primary maths and science fun, exciting and creative. And why not learn how to do the tricks yourself?
- Three inspirational teachers share their engaging and motivating lesson ideas to encourage their pupils to read, both in and outside of the curriculum.
- Inspirations looks at how a West Midlands primary school develops active approaches to Shakespeare.
Tips, advice & inspiration for new teachers
- This collection brings together some of the best behaviour advice for new teachers & how to handle the induction period
- Inspirational behaviour advice and materials, shared by the teachers on TES as well as from our fantastic behaviour guru Tom Bennett.