TES collection Summer safety
- A presentation with interactive quizzes and games, to help teachers educate their class of the importance of enjoying the sun safely and what protective measures they can take.
- Let The Sunwise Set help your primary school children learn about sun safety in a fun and engaging way.
- Series of fun animations developed by Cancer Research UK that can be displayed on interactive whiteboards to help you introduce sun safety to your KS1 and KS2 pupils.
- Sun safety activity sheet - featuring ‘Cool Cat’ the sunwise cat. Crossword outlining key sun safety messages.
- Create a poster explaining how to stay safe in the sun.
- Written by PSHE specialists this ‘whole-school’ initiative provides fun and educational resources to help you deliver PSHE (Health and Wellbeing) and Healthy Schools lessons and activities.
- Use the arrow keys to help the boy collect everything he needs to stay safe in the sun - his hat, sun cream and t-shirt.
- Presentation with lots of important facts.
- Road sign meanings with surveys to complete.
- News article highlighting an important issue
- Teaching points for effective swimming lessons.
- Valuable information for river safety this summer.
- Recognise dangers at the beach and how to deal with them.
- Wide variety of road safety themes for assembly.
- Encourage internet safety this summer.
- Resources for teachers and parents.
- An on-screen PowerPoint activity for children to complete to help them understand the risks associated with different communication tools/websites and ways they can help stay safe online.
- A guide for parents, carers and teachers about social networking sites