TES resources for trainee teachers
Collections for Primary and Secondary teachers
Practical support, advice and resources to help while you’re starting out in teaching - sets of essential resources collections for free - reviewed and recommended to bring you the best and save you time.
- These materials contain valuable information for teachers at all stages of their careers, who may be looking for some extra inspiration on learning strategies, assessment and classroom management.
- We’ve picked out a selection of must-have classroom management and lesson planning resources uploaded and rated by teachers. This list includes some of the most popular resources ever uploaded to the TES, some have been downloaded by more than 130,000 teachers! And they’re all free …
Need inspiration for a lesson or want to save time planning? Find all the lesson plans on TES Resources quickly and easily by viewing the subject and phase most relevant to you in the list below.
- Classroom management is something all teachers, no matter how experienced, need support with throughout the year. There can be countless issues to contend with, relating to low level disruption, extreme behaviour, first impressions, mobile phones and cyberbullying, to name but a few.
Here are some of the best behaviour resources available free and online at TES Resources, as shared by the teaching community, suitable for use with Primary and Secondary pupils to avoid reinventing the wheel and losing precious time maintaining order.
- Getting the best from your pupils often means tapping into their need for recognition and praise- here are some simple but effective tools to help you do just that.
Active minds make learning fun - Your answer to fidgety fingers, these fun five-minute-fillers will help focus your class
- Colourful printables of familiar things for little hands to play pairs, dominoes and lotto games.
- Quizzes, laminated fun activities and games for the interactive whiteboard
- Fun whole class activities and quizzes for exercising the brain and developing creative and critical thinking skills
Resources for Primary teachers
- TESiboard materials are highly visual, interactive resources. They are great for whiteboard use but also simple enough for a child to use independently or with support from a teaching assistant. You can use them anywhere you can go online, so you can take them to all use on all your teaching placements.
- The most popular content from Teachers TV, created to inspire great lesson ideas and to watch in your classroom with your class.Great lesson and ideas and lesson starters for Primary English, Maths, Science, French, Spanish, History, Geography, Music and Art & design.
Resources for Secondary teachers
- Collections of teaching resources created and shared by teachers. Find hundreds of lesson plans, worksheets and activities for Secondary teaching.
- A new series of collections for secondary teachers and professionals who work with young people – topics include, Body and health, Bullying, Cyberbullying, Drugs and alcohol, Emotional well-being, Family, Food and health, Gangs, Money management, & Sex and relationships.
Autumn term - resources for calendar events this term