TES teaching resources Toys from the past
Primary History - Toys from the past
Compare toys from the past with modern ones - activities include worksheets, sorting, colouring and games
- A set of pictures to use as posters or as laminated cut-outs for discussion or for playing games.
- A perfect cut and stick resource for comparing toys old and new.
- Use timelines and artefacts to discover information about pupils’ parents and grandparents’ childhood.
- Drag toys into the sorting basket then sort them into groups with this fun activity from TESiboard.
- Ask pupils to collect information on favourite toys, as a class or within groups, and to then display the data in a pictogram.
- A simple but fun TESiboard sorting activity.
- This activity asks pupils to find out about the toys their parents and grandparents used to play with.
- Excellent, cross-curricular topic planning for A Toy’s Story, all about toys from the past.
- Ask pupils to look at the family photograph that was taken in 1900. Ask them to try and spot any toys in the photograph.
- Interactive book containing information about toys past and present.
- An interactive resource that introduces simple timelines by looking at toys.
- Worksheet to label the toy pictures as either old or new.
- How the teddy bear came to be and teddy bear timeline.
- A whiteboard resource that gets pupils to imagine they are in an old toyshop - what toys would they choose?