Upper Primary: Year 5 Teacher (1.0FTE) 2014
Upper Primary: Year 5 Teacher (1.0FTE) 2014
Helena College in Darlington
As a member of the College’s curriculum team, the primary function of this position involves assuming responsibility for the quality delivery of the Year 5 teaching and learning programme. This typically encompasses working in collaboration with the Head of the Junior School, Assistant Head of Junior School and Enrichment Coordinator.
Although this position is initially based at the Junior Campus, the College reserves the right to direct the Upper Primary teachers to be located at either the Senior Campus or Junior Campus, depending on the staffing needs of the College.
This is a fulltime (1.0) FTE contract position commencing at the beginning of Term One 2014 and concluding at the end of Term Four 2014.
The specific role of the Upper Primary Year 5 teacher is to deliver quality structured primary curriculum to students in a safe, supportive and stimulating learning environment In addition, as camps are an integral part of school life, attendance on at least one camp per year is expected.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Shall include but not be limited to:
- construct and deliver effective and inspiring Upper Primary : Year 5 programmes
- ensure adequate organisation and planning is implemented to achieve a positivelearning environment
- communicate effectively and professionally, both orally and in writing, with students,parents, and other professionals on a regular basis
- demonstrate gains in student performance/achievement
- assist with diagnosing student learning difficulties
- engage students in a learning environment which optimises the use of computers andtechnology linked to the Upper Primary : Year 5 programmes
- commitment to quality pastoral care and interest in the whole person development ofchildren
- prepare student reports within the required time frame and to College standards
- elay particular student concerns to appropriate staff members including AssistantHead of Junior School, Enrichment Coordinator and Head of Junior School, inaccordance with College procedures
- maintain student attendance records
- engage in assemblies, co-curricular / camp activities, and excursions
- attend regularly and contribute at whole staff meetings
- undertake duty supervision in accordance with College policies and procedures
- live out the school’s Vision Mission Values statement with good humour, fairness,resourcefulness and wisdom
- participate in the annual staff appraisal system
- adhere at all times to the College’s Code of Conduct Policy
- any other duties as directed by the Head of Junior School
- is an equal opportunity employer
- complies with the requirements of the Privacy Act
- has a strong commitment to OHS
- will not tolerate harassment of any kind
- has a no smoking policy
- expects a generally tidy professional standard of dress
- requires all staff to maintain a safe and tidy work area
QUALIFICATIONS AND CRITERIA
- degree or equivalent in the appropriate discipline to teach primary
- good communication skills – both oral and written
- demonstrate strong organisational and interpersonal skills
- hold current TRBWA and WWC registration
- ability and willingness to work in a team environment
Instructions to applicants:
Applicants for the position should include the following information as part of the application:
- a covering letter indicating interest in the position
- curriculum vitae
- contact details for three referees
- copies of current Criminal Record Check and current Working With Children Check
- any other additional relevant information
Applications may be made online via the College website.
Applications may be made in writing, including the names and contact details for three referees and addressed to:
Head of Junior School
PO Box 66
DARLINGTON WA 6070
OR applications may be made via email to email@example.com subject line Year 5 teacher application.
Closing date: Wednesday, 4 September 2013 by 4.00pm
All applicants will be notified via letter and/or email to acknowledge their application has been received. Any further inquiries should be directed to the Head of Junior School via College reception on 9299 6626.
Please refer to our website for full role description:
Please mention “TES AUSTRALIA” when applying for this role.
Junior School Campus
1 Ryecroft Road
Darlington WA 6070
Tel: +61 8 9299 6626