Winter teaching resources
The nights are growing longer, the weather is colder and robin redbreasts dance on leafless branches. Yes, it’s winter time! Try these hand-picked resources to make the most of the season and prevent the weather from making days seem gloomy.
- Study snowflakes, create bird feeders, or try one of the many other creative tasks in this pack. Perfect for winter days!
- Try these seasonal counting cards to help pupils count to ten with a little help from penguins and snowmen.
- Lesson one: Feeling inspired by the winter chill? Try this lesson on rhyme in winter poems.
- Lesson two: Explore similes in seasonal verse.
- Lesson three: Finish off your appreciation of winter poetry with a lesson on alliteration.
- Get pupils to create their own winter amusement park in this perfect end of term project.
- From seasonal tweets to acrostic poems, this activity pack is full of wintery fun.
- Try these chilly conundrums which ask children to search for seasonal words –it’s just like Boggle! Who can find the most?
- Pupils can spot the signs of the season in this collection of winter images.
- Let pupils explore the world in winter with this scavenger hunt from naturedetectives.
- Make wreaths to decorate doors with these instructions from naturedetectives.
- Winter festivities are about more than just Christmas! Teach pupils about Hanukkah, Solstice and Kwanzaa with this PowerPoint.
- Try this PowerPoint packed with images of winter trees to inspire pupils’ seasonal artwork.
- These prompts will help pupils to write about winter.
- Use these simple sentences to introduce pupils to winter themes - from hibernation to cold weather.
- Don’t be put off by the weather - there’s still fun to be had outside! Find some inspiration in this activity pack from naturedetectives.
- Encourage pupils to write creatively by considering how we experience winter through touch, taste sight, smell and sound.
- These seasonal scenes by famous artists are great for inspiring creative projects or discussion.