World Aids Day
Many people will don a red ribbon on World Aids Day (December 1) to raise global awareness of the condition. Commemorate the day with these free teaching resources and lesson plans to help educate your students about Aids.
- From Africa United to Philadelphia, this screening list and suggested discussion questions from FILMCLUB will give you inspiration for a cinematic commemoration.
- Dispel the myths surrounding Aids and explain the truths with this TrueTube assembly.
- Raise awareness of the realities of living with HIV, try these lesson plans, activities and assembly ideas from the National Aids Trust.
Aids Around the World
- ActionAidSchoolsTeam shares a PowerPoint, sorting activity and a game to help students understand how the conditions affect people in impoverished regions.
- Find out what young people from North Wales learnt when they got involved in a HIV and Aids peer-project in Sierra Leone with this ChristianAid education pack.
- Encourage students to reject the stigma attached to Aids with this ChristianAid lesson exploring how sufferers’ human rights can be compromised.
- Raise awareness of Aids and get students thinking about prejudice and discrimination with this British Red Cross assembly script and activity pack.
- Encourage students to think about sufferers of Aids and HIV in a positive light with this reflective ChristianAid resource pack.
Sex Education Resources
- Youthhealthtalk speaks to a group of young people who have been diagnosed HIV positive.
- Try this short PowerPoint for a tutor time introduction to the facts about HIV and Aids.
- How can we prevent the spread of the HIV virus? Raise awareness with The Salvation Army’s presentation exploring the issue from sufferers’ points of view.
- This handy fact sheet will educate students about HIV and Aids.
- Give students the scientific lowdown with this informative guide from the Society for General Microbiology.
- This practical science experiment uses classroom chemicals to mimic how STIs, such as HIV, are spread.