World economic development teaching resources
Secondary geography - World economic development
This collection will look at how development has changed areas of the world by focusing on the benefits and drawbacks of it to the local population and environment it comes into contact with.
Development – General
- A living graph that highlights to pupils different levels of development.
- A word mat that could be used as a revision tool for development.
- An ideal starter or revision activity on development indicators for key stage 3 or 4.
- A game in which pupils separate statements into LEDC or MEDC.
- A Top Trumps game based on countries from the last world cup that could easily be adapted to help students compare global economic statistics.
- A Key Stage 5 resource introducing pupils to employment structures.
- Activities aimed at KS4 pupils helping them interpret different levels of global development.
- A game that introduces pupils to challenges faced by companies that want to locate their factories in foreign countries.
Developing at pace
- A collection of resources focusing on the economy of India.
- A fill in the gaps worksheet activity on the economic development of China.
Consumer power: A cause and effect case study
- A resource showing the link between the demand for one resource in MEDC’s and its effect on LEDC’s.