World Poetry Day - Monday March 21, 2011
Teaching Resource Collection
Join us and celebrate World Poetry Day with a selection of teaching resources assembled to engage students in a range of reading, writing and speaking & listening poetry-themed tasks and activities. The collection includes:
- printable worksheets and activities;
- audio MP3 readings from TES English and audioboos from SCC English;
- videos from the EMC Poetry Station
- Shakespeare’s sonnets read in OP by Ben Crystal;
- digital e-poetry booklets for WJEC and AQA GCSE Literature.
Twitter @tesenglish #poetrymash
Twitter @tesenglishfor our World Poetry Day #poetrymash
If you love poetry, join us online on Monday March, 21st to celebrate World Poetry Day. Tweet phrases, lines and quotes from your favourite poems to @tesenglish. Please include the #poetrymash hash tag in your tweet.
Key Stage 3
Key Stage 4
Illustrated Interactive Whiteboard E-poetry Booklets
Click ‘Play’ to launch the booklets.
From the TES English WJEC Unseen Poetry Collection: (www.tes.co.uk/wjecunseenpoetry)
- E-poetry Booklet 1 for WJEC Unseen Poetry (no audio)
- E-poetry Booklet 2 for WJEC Unseen Poetry (with audio)
From the AQA Character and Voice Collection: (www.tes.co.uk/aqacharacterandvoice)
- E-poetry Booklet 1 for AQA Character and Voice (no audio)
- E-poetry Booklet 2 for AQA Character and Voice (with audio)
Key Stage 5
For all Key Stages - The Poetry Station
The Poetry Station is a vibrant online library of poems on video, from ‘The Ancient Mariner’ and ‘My Last Duchess’ to performance poet Jacob Sam La Rose via Simon Armitage, Seamus Heaney, Tony Harrison and John Agard. Poems are illustrated by readings, animations, short films, and there are opportunities not only to submit comments but also to contribute a video poem.