Year 7 HSIE/RE/English Teacher- Orange
Year 7 HSIE/RE/English Teacher
James Sheahan Catholic High School, Orange
A Co-educational School Years 7-12
Current enrolment of 971 students
Full Time Permanent Position
Applications are invited for the above position from qualified teachers who demonstrate a sincere commitment to the aims and philosophy of Catholic education.
An application form for this position must be obtained from the CEO website at www.bth.catholic.edu.au and submitted as part of the application.
- Commitment to Catholic education and a clear understanding of the ethos of Catholic Schools
- Appropriate qualifications and a commitment to ongoing personal and professional learning
- A desire to focus on teaching Stage 4 only with a demonstrated understanding of its philosophy and application
- Have an understanding of 21st century learning with highly developed learning technology skills with proven applicability
- Have an understanding of how an inquiry based approach to learning can contribute to improved student outcomes
- A willingness to engage in extra-curricular activities
- An ability to teach Stage 6 HSIE, RE or English would be an advantage
A valid Working with Children Check Number is required for this position and must be provided at the time of application. To obtain a Working with Children Check Number visit www.kids.nsw.gov.au or call (02) 9286 7219.
Completed applications must include: Cover letter addressing the selection criteria; completed CEO application form including supporting documentation (if applicable) and the names of three referees (including a Parish Priest).
Please forward to:
The Principal’s Secretary
Ms Diane Nelson
James Sheahan Catholic High School
PO Box 146
ORANGE NSW 2800
Phone: (02) 6362 1422
Fax: (02) 6362 0776
Applications close: 1.00pm Monday 18 November 2013
The Catholic Education Office Bathurst is an equal opportunity employer.