Carinity Baptist Community Services
Since 1949, Carinity (formerly Queensland Baptist Care) has been making a real difference in people’s lives through comprehensive and integrated community services. These include the provision of care to the frail aged, shelters for homeless youth, helping families and young people through difficult times, support for people with disabilities, secure retirement lifestyle communities, chaplaincy support at hospitals and alternative education for teenagers who struggle in traditional schools.
Benefits of joining the team at Carinity include:
- Access to an Employee Assistance Program
- Above award conditions
- A culture of caring for others
- Making a positive difference in people’s lives
About the Role
Carinity Youth has vacancies for casual Youth Workers to join their team at Carinity Youth - On Track. On Track is located in Yeppoon, which is approximately 25 minutes north east of the city of Rockhampton, in Central Queensland. Carinity Youth - On Track provides medium term accommodation and support to young people (aged 12-17), teaching them life skills they need to interact well with their peers and realise their full potential.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
To be successful in this role, the following criteria should be met:
- Willingness to work within the ethos of and framework of Carinity
- Relevant Qualification/s and/or demonstrated experience in working with ‘at risk’ youth preferred
- Sound knowledge base of services to youth, child and family welfare and child protection processes would be desirable
- Willingness to engage in ongoing professional development including participation in staff meetings and training opportunities
- Highly developed interpersonal skills, with the ability to work collaboratively with other team members
- Possession of current Suitability for Working with Children Check (Blue Card) and Suitability Check or willingness to obtain same before commencement
- Possession of Current Drivers License and First Aid Certificate or willingness to obtain
How to apply;
Visit Working with Us at www.carinity.org.au to apply or view more information, including the position description. Applicants should include a resume and brief cover letter addressing the requirements listed in the Position Description (Essential Competencies and Experiences). To discuss this position please contact Daniel Memmott on 07 4933 7894.
Please Quote “TES Australia” when responding to this ad
53 Prospect Rd, Gaythorne Q 4051
PO Box 6164, Mitchelton Q 4053
P (07) 3550 3737
F (07) 3550 3730
Close Date: Monday 2nd September 2013