Wollongong Flexible Learning Centre in Sydney
The Youth/Social Worker reports to the Head of Campus and Director, Youth+. He/she has responsibility to support engagement, wellbeing and social inclusion responses of the campus. He or she provides wellbeing support to the young people of the campus including engagement and program activities. She/He works collaboratively and is supported by Teachers, Youth Workers and Head of Campus.
- Previous experience in the youth sector
- The applicant may have qualifications at Degree or Diploma level
- The employee should also possess or be eligible for a Positive Notice Working with Children Check
- The applicant may have TAE40110 Training and Assessment
The employee in this position is required to demonstrate competency involving self directed application of knowledge with substantial depth in youth/social work practices.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Demonstrated skills and knowledge in youth/social work theory, process, frameworks and ethics
- Ability to analyse complex situations and implementation of appropriate strategies to enhance the professional practice of teaching and non teaching staff
- Demonstrated capacity to work effectively as a member of a multidisciplinary team, to work collaboratively and establish and maintain professional relationships with all stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability and experience in developing and running programs for groups of young people
Applications should be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday 6 November 2013 and need to include:
- A response to the selection criteria (listed below)
- A current resume outlining previous experience and skills (including Teachers Registration details)
- Two referees (including contact details). Please include a referee from current or most recent place of employment.
Queries for further information should be directed to Zoe Surawski 0428 967 843 or Peter Tracy 0458 335 405.
Youth+ supports the rights of children and young people and is committed to providing a safe and supportive environment directed at ensuring their safety and wellbeing. All applicants for these positions will be subject to EREA screening procedures.
Closing Date: 6th November 2013