Silver Lining prize draw terms and conditions
1. The Silver Lining prize draw is open to all Bronze and New authors who become a Silver author by raising their resource total on tes.com to at least 50 resources between 00.00 GMT on Monday 19 December 2016 and 23.59 GMT on Saturday 31 December 2016.
No purchase is necessary. If you have any questions about how to enter, or in connection with, the Silver Lining prize draw, please email us at email@example.com with ‘Silver Lining prize draw query’ in the subject line.
2. You must be over 18 to enter the prize draw.
3. The prize draw is open to TES Bronze and New authors around the world.
4. Employees or agencies of TES Global Ltd. (‘TES’), its group companies and affiliates or their family members, or anyone else connected with the Silver Lining prize draw may not enter the Silver Lining prize draw.
5. By submitting your personal information, you agree to receive emails from TES containing offers and developments that we think may interest you. You will be given the opportunity to unsubscribe on every email that we send.
6. We will only accept one entry per person during the Silver Lining prize draw. Entries on behalf of another person will not be accepted, and joint submissions are not allowed.
7. For the purposes of this prize draw, a quality resource is defined as:
a) At least one file (Word, PowerPoint, Excel etc.) upload per resource page.
b) Original material, created by the person who submitted the resource.
c) Appropriate content for the intended target audience and learning objective.
d) Unique, ie, not a duplicate resource, or a previously published resource that was taken down and then republished in the prize draw timeframe. Resources uploaded with negligible differences between the original and the duplicate will NOT be considered quality resources and will therefore not be counted, eg, resources created using a template with minor variations applied.
e) Correctly mapped to a subject/topic on the site, with a meaningful description (including, where necessary, details such as learning objective and how to use the resource) and title.
f) Appropriate classifications must be added to each resource page, ie, the key stage, subject, topic (and subtopic if relevant).
g) Titles and descriptions of resources must not be duplicated. Any resources with duplicate titles will NOT be counted.
h) Multiple attachments to a single resource page will not be counted as multiple resources.
i) In the interest of fairness, resources which have been created using any kind of online generator/template/macros etc. will not be considered. Using such software to maximise number of resources will be considered an unfair advantage over other entrants.
j) Resources which have been clearly split into multiple documents and uploaded as individual resources will NOT be considered quality resources and will therefore not be counted, eg, a single page of a Scheme of Work uploaded as a whole resource with relevant information missing.
8. Any resources not considered to be eligible as per these rules will not be counted as part of the number of submissions and may be removed from the site. We reserve the right to disqualify any resources we deem unacceptable, so please bear this in mind before you upload a resource. We reserve the right to disqualify a user completely from the prize draw if the first five resources we audit do not meet these rules. If in doubt, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org before uploading your resource.
9. All files uploaded for entry must be shared by the creator/owner of the content.
10. TES reserves the right to disqualify an entry if it's believed the prize draw entrant does not hold the copyrights or have the permissions necessary to qualify the resource as their original work.
11. The closing date of the prize draw is 23.59 GMT on Saturday 31 December 2016.
Entries received after 23.59 GMT on Saturday 31 December 2016 will not be considered.
12. Five winners will be chosen from a random draw of entries received in accordance with these terms and conditions. The draw will be performed by a random computer process.
13. Winners will receive a £100 Amazon gift card or equivalent value in their local currency.
14. TES accepts no responsibility for any costs associated with the prize and not specifically included in the prize.
15. The winners will be notified by email on Wednesday 4 January 2017.
If a winner does not respond to TES within four working days, or if a winner rejects their prize, or their entry is invalid or in breach of these terms and conditions, then the winner’s prize will be forfeited and TES shall be entitled to select another winner in accordance with the process described above.
16. The Amazon gift cards will be emailed directly to the winners from Amazon.
17. The decisions of the Silver Lining prize draw are final. The prizes must be accepted as awarded.
18. The names, cities and countries of residence of the winners can be obtained after 12 January 2017 by sending a stamped, self-addressed envelope to the following address: TES Global Ltd., Resources Department, 26 Red Lion Square, London WC1R 4HQ.
19. The prizes are non-exchangeable, non-transferable, and are not redeemable for other prizes.
20. TES retains the right to substitute the prizes with other prizes of similar value in the event that the original prizes offered are not available.
21. The winners may be required to take part in promotional activity related to the Silver Lining prize draw and the winners shall participate in such activity on TES’s reasonable request. The winners consent to the use by TES and its related companies, both before and after the closing date of the Silver Lining prize draw for an unlimited time, of the winners’ voice, image, photograph and name for publicity purposes (in any medium, including still photographs and films, and on the internet, including any websites hosted by TES and its related companies) and in advertising, marketing or promotional material without additional compensation or prior notice and, in entering the Silver Lining prize draw, all entrants consent to the same.
22. Entry to the Silver Lining prize draw is conditional on acceptance of these terms and conditions. By sharing your resources on the TES website, you are deemed to have read and accepted these terms.
24. TES accepts no responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered by you as a result of entering the Silver Lining prize draw or accepting a prize. TES further disclaims liability for any injury or damage to you or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participation in, or downloading any materials in connection with, the Silver Lining prize draw. Nothing in these terms and conditions shall exclude the liability of TES for death, personal injury, fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation as a result of its negligence.
25. TES reserves the right at any time, and from time to time, to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, this Silver Lining prize draw with or without prior notice due to reasons outside its control (including, without limitation, in the case of anticipated, suspected or actual fraud). The decision of TES in all matters under its control is final and binding, and no correspondence will be entered into.
26. TES shall not be liable for any failure to comply with its obligations where the failure is caused by something outside its reasonable control. Such circumstances shall include, but not be limited to, weather conditions, fire, flood, hurricane, strike, industrial dispute, war, hostilities, political unrest, riots, civil commotion, inevitable accidents, supervening legislation or any other circumstances amounting to force majeure.
27. The Silver Lining prize draw will be governed by English law and entrants to the Silver Lining prize draw submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
28. Promoter: TES Global Ltd., 26 Red Lion Square, London WC1R 4HQ.