Camden, United Kingdom
Ark is an international charity, transforming lives through education.
We have a network of 35 schools across Birmingham, Hastings, London and Portsmouth. Our schools are all non-selective and in areas where they can make the biggest difference. Each of our schools has its own distinctive character, reflecting its local community.
We believe that every child, regardless of their background, should have access to a great education and real choices in life.
Why work for us?
• Be part of one of the UK’s most innovative and successful group of schools, learning from and collaborating with some of the best colleagues and leaders in education today.
• You’ll have the chance to progress in your career – and quickly. Develop your career in line with the growth of the school and work with colleagues across our network of schools to share your skills and expertise.
• We help you to concentrate on doing what you do best… teaching. We prioritise behaviour management so that you can concentrate on teaching and the students can focus on learning.
• We will invest heavily in your development. With access to unparalleled levels of professional development - we offer twice the standard number of training days - we will provide you with great opportunities to learn new skills and progress at every stage in your career.
• At Ark we are united by the same core purpose, but each Ark school has its own unique ethos and character, led by the principal and school community. We do not operate a “one-size-fits-all” approach and recognise the importance of individuality.
We will support you to be the best you can be.
Want to stay up-to-date with the latest news and blogs from Ark? Sign up to our monthly newsletter to receive tips, good practice and stories from our schools and partners - http://arkonline.org/newsletter.
There are huge CPD and training opportunities. We get a lot of extra training. Whatever your needs are as a teacher, there will be someone in the network who can help you. It’s a great place to work and you can see the change happening."- Year 6 teacher - Ark Chamberlain Primary Academy
“There’s no meaningless form-filling. All those admin tasks are done by office staff or computer systems or they have been eliminated because they’re not necessary. I feel like everything that I do here directly impacts my pupils or the development of myself or other staff.”- Head of Science - Ark John Keats Academy
“Behaviour only stops me teaching for about two minutes per day. The rest of the time is for learning. In so many schools teachers can spend 30 minutes a day just controlling a class. That wouldn’t happen at here. A lot of the hard work has been done for you.”- Year 4 teacher - Ark Conway Primary Academy