Bexley, United Kingdom
About Bexleyheath Academy
Bexleyheath Academy is sponsored by the London Academies Enterprise Trust and is one of the first of ten Mayor’s Academies in London. This means that we have made a pledge to ensure that all Academy leavers have access to further education, training or employment. The Mayor’s Academies will use the support of the Greater London Authority and all its networks to ensure that all students leaving the Academy leave to a positive pathway. This may involve either a full-time academic or vocational place in a post-sixteen institution or work-based learning or training or a job offer. The sponsors seek to use the links to London’s international business community to involve local, national and international organisations in providing real life situations for students. This will ensure the promotion of problem solving and project based work integrated into the curriculum as a standard feature of the Academy approach, so that students are familiar with and become experts in this area. The sponsors believe, that with successful learning, self-confidence will flow. The aim is to develop a vigorous and successful culture of social enterprise, innovation and entrepreneurship.
At Bexleyheath Academy we hold high expectations for students. We are committed to providing an outstanding environment for learning with state-of-the-art facilities that offer students the highest quality of education, care and teaching, ensuring that:
Teaching is engaging, innovative and attainment is relentlessly driven upward.
The educational experience is rooted strongly in traditional values and their application to the reality of living in the local community.
Every child is provided with an appropriate pathway and opportunity for progression throughout their time at the Academy and beyond.
The curriculum is innovative and professionally orientated with employment and educational pathways, to ensure that it meets the needs of the student population.
The critical role of parents, carers and families is welcomed and built upon, in a strong partnership between the Academy and families underpinning our success.
We believe in nurturing ambition and creativity and welcome students from across the full range of ability, celebrating the diverse social and cultural heritage of our community. Through Academies Enterprise Trust we are committed to the continued improvement of standards and the creation of an outstanding education and learning community in the heart of Bexley for the local residents. We aim to build on our popularity as a high performing community orientated 11–18 Academy that will meet the needs of its immediate community and address the educational aspirations of the Bexley residents.
Ethos and Values
- Development of creative learners, participants, thinkers, performers and student leaders, along with teachers, practices and activities;
- Ensuring that everyone at BA is enabled to be creative in their work, their planning and ambitions.
- Set the highest of aspirations for ALL;
- Provide opportunities for ALL to develop and grow through learning, discovery, activities and personal engagement;
- Instill a culture of achievement and ambition among our students .
- Supporting ALL within the Academy to be resilient learners and participants within their learning journey – through the good attendance, punctuality;
- Equipping them with the skills to learn and undertake new challenges;
- Challenging them every day to set their sights higher and achieve their best
- Encourage all students to support each other;
- To engage within their school, local and wider communities;
- To be aware of the world around them and find ways in which they can engage in it;
- To help others and to be active members of the Academy and Community.
- WE create and support a valid, appropriate and varied curriculum that enables ALL to be successful;
- WE aspire for every lesson to be outstanding;
- Students engage in and love their learning;
- WE offer an engaging enrichment programme for all;
- Our children AND parents aspire to University, training or further education;
- Our Students, Parents AND teachers pursue a journey of Learning whilst attending BA
Vision Statement – “To help students achieve world class learning outcomes by developing world class teachers in a world class community”.
Values and Beliefs
"Through our actions and behaviours we will strive to develop young people who:”
- Respect themselves and the community i.e. people, property, the environment
- Seek to have a positive impact on society
- Are polite, calm, caring, honest, trustworthy and helpful
- Are responsible, independent and supportive of each other
- Are tolerant, open minded and not prejudiced
- Are determined and have a strong work ethic
- Will be thoughtful and compassionate with the ability to listen and challenge in a considerate fashion
- Have good communication skills
- Offer themselves as good role models for future generations of learners and citizens
- Can demonstrate strong self-belief and confidence, and have high aspirations
- Are team players who can work and support others, and where necessary are able to take leadership roles
“We will help young people to have healthy lifestyles by ensuring that they:”
- Are confident and have good self esteem.
- Have developed their self-knowledge and their emotional, spiritual and cultural awareness.
- Understand and follow healthy lifestyles, take regular exercise, eat and drink healthily, and knows about and make healthy lifestyle choices.
- Have engaged in and understand the need for personal, social and health education including:
- Sex and relationship education ensuring a good understanding of sexual matters
- Alcohol and drugs misuse
- Effects of the environment on their health
- Participate in sports, leisure and the arts, and have other positive interests and hobbies.
- Have engaged in and understand the need for moral, social and cultural development and special educational needs.
- Know where to get advice when necessary
“We will help young people to stay safe by developing their ability to:"
- Attend Bexleyheath Academy regularly and be punctual at all times.
- Behave well in lessons and about the Academy.
- Not to be involved in bullying, violence, racism, or any forms of harassment, exploitation, or anti-social behaviour.
- Understand and apply the principles that help distinguish right from wrong and which govern our laws.
- Recognise signs of personal stress and develop successful ways of managing it.
- Understand about key risks and dangers posed by:
- Some adults (through abuse, maltreatment, neglect, violence and sexual exploitation).
- The use of computers (such as Internet, email/messaging, blogs and social websites) and learn how these can be avoided.
- Act responsibly in high risk situations, such as in the use of potentially dangerous tools, equipment and in physical contact sports.
- Develop good and trusting relationships with one or more adults in Academy.
To view our curriculum across the year please click here.
To view our Ofsted reports please click here.
We are proud to be part of Academies Enterprise Trust.
Academies Enterprise Trust (AET) is a national network of 64 primary, secondary and special schools across England. Our schools are located across England including the North East, Yorkshire and the Humber, Midlands, London, West of England, Kent and the South Coast.
As the sponsor, AET believes that all young people deserve to become world-class learners – to learn, enjoy, succeed and thrive in a first rate educational environment with the best facilities, the best teaching and the most up-to-date resources available to them. In each of our academies, you will benefit from visionary, inspirational and dynamic leadership and be empowered to develop your own skills with access to world-class CPD and Talent Management programmes. You will also be entitled to the following benefits: a health cash plan, vehicle affinity scheme, childcare vouchers and Westfield rewards.
As the largest MAT across England we work together in partnership and embrace the different contexts and diverse communities our schools serve to provide the very best possible education for around 35,000 young people and their families.
We offer a wide range of career pathways to our teachers, middle leaders, support staff and senior leaders with many of our schools being host to Teach First and Ambition School Leadership.
AET is also an approved Apprenticeship Training Provider (through the SFA) which allows us to deliver a wide range of apprenticeship programmes across the Trust and our school network. To find out more about what we offer click here
We also offer School Direct teacher training programmes across our network. For more information please click here
To find out more about AET please visit us at http://www.academiesenterprisetrust.org/
“ A relentless focus on improving students’ learning and progress permeating through all aspects of school life.” "Students appreciate the commitment shown by staff, including the extra support and guidance offered outside of lessons.” “The commitment to raising achievement is shared by all.” “Students feel safe in school and are confident that any problems will be dealt with promptly and effectively.” “Students’ achievements and inclusion are at the heart of the Academy’s ethos” “Their understanding of how to maintain a healthy lifestyle is good and there is a high rate of student participation in sporting activities.”- Ofsted