Bishop Challoner School
Bromley, United Kingdom
About Bishop Challoner School
Bishop Challoner School is a Catholic, independent, co-educational day school for 3 - 18 year olds. The school exists to provide a broad and challenging education within a caring and secure environment. the partnership of teachers, pupils and parents creates a supportive community within which girls and boys are able to grow to their full potential so that they become confident, responsible and caring members of the society.
In a rapidly changing world, it is their aim to keep pace with the latest developments, whilst retaining some of the more traditional methods.. They never lose sight, however of their ultimate objective, which is to produce well qualified young men and women whose Christian ideals fit them to take their place in society
Bishop Challoner School is founded on Catholic principles but welcomes and respects all faiths.
Through faith and a broad education, Bishop Challoner School strives to develop and nurture each child’s unique talents. To Live, Love and Learn like Christ and fulfil their true potential in an ever changing world.
AIMS AND OBJECTIVES
At Bishop Challoner we aim to:-
• recognise each individual as a unique part of God's creation and respect the human dignity of all members of the community;
• encourage each pupil to achieve his or her full potential in all areas including academic, creative, emotional and physical;
• celebrate and value personal success and achievement in all areas;
• provide a balanced curriculum which is responsive to and supportive of all needs and aspirations, fostering both intellectual curiosity and academic achievement;
• create a positive and supportive environment where high expectations are the norm;
• provide high quality teaching by well qualified staff in a disciplined working environment; and
• develop a social conscience towards all members of society - locally, nationally and globally.
'Challoner has given me the motivation to get out of bed because of its inspirational teachers, great camaraderie, interesting approach to the curriculum and strength of faith in god. These have enable me to develop myself as an individual well equipped to face future challenges. Bishop Challoner has enabled me to realise that self-motivation is the key to success. Whatever that success might be whether in my future career or my personal life.'- Head Pupil
‘The quality of pastoral care is outstanding and has continued to be a strength of the school since the last inspection in October 2000.'- Independent Schools Inspectorate. September 2006
‘Leadership and management are strong and effective. The success is reflected in the quality of education, the excellent care and personal development of pupils, the ethos of the school and the fulfilment of the school’s aims.’- Independent Schools Inspectorate. September 2006