Chiltern Edge School
Oxfordshire, United Kingdom
About Chiltern Edge School
Would you like to be part of an inspirational journey? Please read on…
Chiltern Edge School is a Foundation secondary school with a strong community feel. We are a mixed comprehensive school that is small enough to value and care for each individual pupil but large enough to provide a broad and balanced curriculum. We work closely with primary and post-16 partners to ensure transition both into and out of the school runs as smoothly as possible. Our excellent relationship with other local secondary schools provides opportunities for shared best practice and collaborative CPD.
The school is set in a pleasant rural location with extensive grounds, yet it is less than 6 miles from the centre of Reading and close to the Berkshire border. We currently have 520 students on roll; this number is projected to increase to 600 over the next five years.
Described in our most recent OfSTED report as ‘a good school’ and ‘happy and harmonious’, the School’s Leadership Team continues to build on this and works closely with our supportive Governing Body. We pride ourselves on being a learning organisation with a commitment to developing the professional expertise of all our staff in a friendly, supportive working environment.
Not all of our learning takes place inside the classroom. At Chiltern Edge we strive to give every student the best education to suit their needs; we have high expectations of students and staff are expected to share this commitment for our young people. Student experience includes:
• a strong commitment to public speaking with an annual competition with regular success at the national Rotary competition
• annual year 7 week long camp
• numerous departmental visits and residential opportunities to support and enhance pupil learning
• regular workshops in school run by external professionals
• a strong alumni network to support pupils’ aspirations
Our governors have recently obtained permission from the DfE to develop a small section of our extensive grounds, enabling us to embark on a transformational program of refurbishment across the school site. Join us now to be part of the team that shapes the future of education in our community through the additional provision of:
• Refurbished sports facilities including the main hall and changing facilities, all weather pitch and a community gym
• State of the art Science Labs
• A modern Lecture theatre available to all faculties to enhance teaching, learning and pastoral care
• Well maintained buildings with a rolling program of redecoration
We would be delighted to hear from you if you feel that you can make a positive contribution to our future successes.