English Nursery and Primary School - Dobrynya
About English Nursery and Primary School - Dobrynya
ENS was established in 2004 as a private nursery school in Moscow. We have 14 years’ experience teaching children up to Year 6 in our 3 branches.
We follow the British Curriculum teaching mostly Russian children; nearly all our teachers are UK graduates with B.Ed or PGCE qualifications. The teaching experience with us is truly an enjoyable one as our teachers each have up to 3 teacher assistants and a local nanny to help in a classroom of 25 children. ENS has an intimate feel and our parents say that ‘it’s not just a school, it’s almost a family’.
We have an individual approach to each child, focusing on his or her intellectual, physical, creative and emotional development. Our school programmes dedicate a lot of time to sports, music and art.
- Highly competitive salary
- 5 weeks’ paid holiday throughout the academic year
- End of service gratuity
- Opportunity for extra income with private tuition and extra-curricular clubs
- Furnished accommodation close to school
- Emergency medical insurance
- Additional baggage allowance
- Return flight and work permit
- Regular training
- Continued Professional Development
- Yearly staff party for all branches - with fancy dress!
- Constant support from the English-speaking administrative staff as well as help with settling in to Moscow life
- All expenses paid trial week in May, giving the teacher plenty of time to plan for their return and starting the new academic year with ENS
ESL is a major part of teaching in a foreign country. The fantastic work of our teachers has meant that many of our children enroll as native speakers when they join international schools upon graduating from ENS; producing bilingual students is one of our main goals.
We are excited to share the fact that we take part in many charity activities. Our chosen charity is ‘To Russia with Love’ helping Russian orphanages. We run many initiatives throughout the year as well as orphanage visits with our staff.
Teaching with us:
- allows freedom to continue teaching the British Curriculum without the pressure of OFSTED
- Superbly-equipped teaching environment; smartboards and tablets in each spacious classroom and generous budgets for materials
- More time for focused, one-on-one teaching rather than ‘crowd control’, thanks to teacher assistants and a nanny on hand in each class
We welcome teacher couples, and have gladly seen many of our teaching staff return to us after working in other countries, often bringing along a partner or teaching family member on their return!
Our 6 branches will be covering many areas of the city, from bustling city centre to relaxing countryside, so everyone can find their perfect place in Moscow. We will try to consider all applicants’ branch preferences when confirming placements.
We are an innovative school with dynamic and creative staff. Programmes such as Parents’ Week where some of the children's parents were a ‘child for a day’ in an ENS classroom proved to be an absolute hit with everyone. We plan to make it a tradition!
Our bet is that Moscow will take your breath away. The sheer amount of history and culture embedded into so much of the city, everywhere you look, will leave you in awe. You will soon see that the cost of living is relatively low, so many of our teachers can comfortably save up to 60% of their salary.