Four Dwellings Academy
Birmingham, United Kingdom
About Four Dwellings Academy
**Please scroll to the bottom of this page to view our live vacancies**
Welcome to the exciting opportunities offered by working at Four Dwellings Academy. We serve the communities around Quinton in Birmingham as an 11-16 community school.
I am delighted you are interested in joining my team; a highly ambitious, aspirational group of professionals who are raising standards and significantly improving the life chances of the young people in Birmingham.
Four Dwellings is a very special learning community filled with talented and creative staff, all of whom share my vision for excellence in teaching and learning. The last four years have seen a positive transformation of almost every aspect of our work. With rapidly rising results and a collective drive for improvement, this is exactly the right time to join the team!
Ofsted have just judged us a good school in 2017 and commented that we are a 'highly inclusive and united community where all are welcomed'. If you value diversity and inclusive and see teaching as a life long profession, then you will be very successful working with us!
Opportunities at Four Dwellings offer the right ambitious candidates the chance to work with all staff at all levels to directly impact on school improvement. A passion for improving learning and outcomes for students through high quality teaching and innovation are key requirements.
We have high ambitions for our children’s success and for our staff and their practice. Our staff are be committed to rapidly deliver an ‘Outstanding’ provision and have recent experience of achieving outstanding results. As a member of our team you will be nurtured and developed.
It is a privilege to lead this school. I am passionate about my students and my staff. The school has a shared sense of purpose and a vision for success which inspires me on a daily basis. If you are appointed, you will belong to a truly aspirational body of professionals who really care about our young people.
Becky Elcocks (Principal)
Key Stage 3 Curriculum
Students are taught a balanced and broad curriculum based on the National Curriculum (modified in line with Government guidelines from September 2014). Subjects taught are: English, Maths, Science, Art, Computer Science, Drama, Design and Technology, French, Geography, History, Music, Physical Education, Religious Studies.
Key Stage 4 Curriculum
All students follow a core curriculum in Key Stage 4 including English Language and Literature (GCSE), Mathematics (GCSE), Science (GCSE), Physical Education, Philosophy and Ethics (GCSE) and ICT.
The pathway model at Key Stage 4 guides students towards three option choices. For example, some students will be guided towards a range of academic subjects within the English Baccalaureate whereas other students may select BTEC subjects.
GCSE options are offered in: Art, Catering, Drama, French, Geography, History, Media Studies, Music, Resistant Materials and Textiles. BTECs are offered in Health and Social Care and Travel and Tourism.
Detailed information about the topics and skills covered within each department can be seen on the various subject pages of the website at www.fourdwellingsacademy.org
Key features of our curriculum
- Subject specialist staff.
- Smaller than average class sizes support the progress of all students in all subjects.
- Students are taught in sets according to the grade they are working towards in different subjects.
- A balanced curriculum promotes a range of personal, learning and thinking skills.
- Citizenship and PSHE (Personal, Social and Health education) are taught throughout the curriculum with additional enrichment days to improve the context of learning. Learning promotes spiritual, moral, social and cultural awareness wherever possible.
- Home learning is an expectation with all subjects setting home learning tasks (project based home learning is a key feature of foundation subjects in KS3)
- Religious Education is offered to all our students through the curriculum (with Philosophy and Ethics at KS4). A parent may request the withdrawal of their child from Religious Education with the student then following a course of supported self-study in moral issues.
- Extra-curricular activities are offered throughout the curriculum with opportunities to participate in events such as debate mate (very successful debating skills) and sporting teams (such as football and basketball). Facilities such the school library, the ICT suite and homework club are also available to support learning
- British Values is promoted in all our work but we specifically promote these values through our assemblies, PHSE calendar, tutor time and across our taught curriculum
Gateway to a fantastic career!
With our pupils firmly at the heart of everything we do, we’re on a journey to excellence and we are always looking for dynamic individuals to join our growing team of staff.
Whether you’re an NQT embarking on your teaching career or an experienced practitioner, we invite you to visit Four Dwellings Academy and take a closer look at what the academy has to offer.
We are an inclusive school, offering superb facilities, purposeful learning environments and support colleagues through a large network of school to school support, internal support and enrichment as well as career opportunities that are second to none.
Make the call or contact via email@example.com to arrange a personal visit to see the exciting opportunities we have on offer and meet the wonderful pupils at Four Dwellings Academy.
Why us? Why not!
Visit us on Twitter @FourDwellings to find out more and take a closer look at the daily goings on!
Reasons to take a further look……
- High quality and professional CPD for all staff
- Bespoke leadership programmes including NPQML, Senior Leadership and NPQSL
- Well resourced school
- Large school to school support network to share good practice and drive standards
- A wealth of enrichment opportunities and experiences
- To work with an inspiring, supporting, friendly and innovative team of staff
- Large working spaces
- Polite, respectful children who are willing to learn.
- Exceptional behaviour for learning
We are committed to continue the drive to improve progress providing opportunities and opening doors for our pupils who deserve every opportunity we can afford to them
To be part of our journey to excellence
Four Dwellings Academy Progress 8 score places the academy is the top 10% of schools nationally for progress, just another reason to take a look around - see here
Read more by viewing our brochure and school video here
Professional Development is KEY to us evolving and supporting our journey to excellence
NQT or experienced member of staff?
At Four Dwellings Academy this will not matter. Staff CPD is essential to everything we do and has a valued place in our continued improvement.
- We offer all our NQT’s a bespoke induction programme. This includes training sessions lead by senior leaders in school, pastoral mentors and external providers
- We provide an internally rich weekly programme of CPD
- We enlist a range of educational specialists to deliver first class CPD as and when required
- We visit ‘outstanding’ schools via teacher exchange days
- Our leadership training (NPQML, NPQSL and Leadership programmes) is delivered by specialist consultants and training providers
- Our Outstanding Teacher Programme (OTP) training is provided by an ‘Olevi’ trained consultant
- Data training is provided regularly through an in house data manager
- We work closely with other schools, including teaching schools in our network and provide CPD through this network rich community of schools
- We are looking for enthusiastic, committed people to work as part of our team. We want to ensure that our school becomes an academy of excellence. This will happen through innovative, inspirational and evolving practice by great practitioners and a commitment to life-long learning.
- To find out more about the CPD courses available at Four Dwellings Academy such as the OTP, NPQML, NPQSL, Senior Leadership courses take a look here
Our Specialism and Awards
We are proud of our achievements as a school. To view our student and school achievements click here
We are a rapidly improving school and have just been judged 'good' at our last inspection May 2017. To view all our Ofsted reports please click here
We are proud to be part of Academies Enterprise Trust.
We are a national network of over 60 primary, special and secondary academies. We are passionately committed to inspiring children and young people.
We’ve undergone considerable change over the last two years. Bar the name above the door, everything about AET has changed: our leadership; our governance; our financial controls; our school improvement and our curriculum support.
AET is well on its way to becoming something rather wonderful – we are a family of schools that is dedicated to education that paves the way for our young people go on to lead remarkable lives. And it’s our people who are making that a living and breathing reality in our academies.
Each and every child inspired to choose a Remarkable Life.
To gather and motivate inspirational people committed to delivering an excellent education that launches children into remarkable lives.
BE UNUSUALLY BRAVE
At AET, we choose to be unusually brave. We're not afraid to challenge wrongs, to make the right call, even when it's both unusual and difficult to do so.
DISCOVER WHAT'S POSSIBLE
We are on the search for discovering what's possible. We look to create 'eureka moments' for our students, helping them discover a world of possibilities and opportunities.
PUSH THE LIMITS
We always strive to push the limits. We don't settle for less than excellent and we won't allow our students to either. We resolve to overcome any self-imposed limits.
We commit to being big-hearted. We choose to treat each other with kindness, warmth and care, believing that everybody matters and believing in one another.
AET is also an approved Apprenticeship Training Provider (through the ESFA) which allows us to deliver a wide range of apprenticeship programmes across the Trust and our school network. To find out more about what we offer click here.
We also offer School Direct teacher training programmes across our network. For more information please click here.
To find out more about about AET please visit us at https://sites.google.com/aetinet.org/academies-enterprise-trust/home
‘To make our best better’.-