Harris Primary Academy Philip Lane
Haringey, United Kingdom
About Harris Primary Academy Philip Lane
Harris Primary Academy Philip Lane is a two form entry Primary with part time Nursery located in North London, which opened in September 2012 in the heart of Tottenham. We are a happy, caring and supportive Academy that is raising standards and expectations.
In work and in play, Harris primary students are encouraged towards traditional values: good manners and behaviour, enthusiasm for learning, and recognising right from wrong. Our aim is that, whatever a child’s background or starting point, by the time they move on to secondary school from the Academy they will have developed the academic skills, social skills, confidence and drive that they need in order to succeed.
At Philip Lane our aims and values underpin our curriculum, teaching and learning. We revisit and reflect on these in our day to day work with the pupils and wider community.
Our aim is to provide an education that is affirming, aspirational and transformational so that all our children leave us academically and emotionally equipped for their next stage. Our staff are committed to working together to achieve the best for our children.
These are our values:
- We value the way in which all children are unique, and our curriculum promotes respect for the views of each individual, as well as for people of all cultures.
- We value tolerance, respect and promote fair play in all we do
- We value a working partnership with parents and families to support each pupil’s learning, progress and well-being
- We value the spiritual and moral development of each pupil, as well as their intellectual and physical growth.
- We value the importance of each person in our community. We organise our curriculum so that we promote co-operation and understanding between all members of our community.
- We value our environment and we aim through our curriculum to teach respect for our world, and how we should care for it.