Horspath Church of England Primary School
Oxfordshire, United Kingdom
About Horspath Church of England Primary School
Welcome to Horspath Church of England Primary School. We are a non-selective, co-educational school that welcomes children from all cultures and faiths. It is situated in Horspath, Oxford, and accepts girls and boys between the ages of 4 to 11. It was rated "good" in its most recent Ofsted inspection. There are currently 132 pupils at the school.
Values and vision
Horspath Church of England Primary School aims for every child to achieve the minimum standards defined by the government, but for as many children as possible to exceed these targets and their own potential. Teachers support and value children as individuals. This is a happy, welcoming and safe school which promotes learning and self-confidence.
Historically, Horspath is a Church of England School and it maintains close ties to the church. It underpins its teaching and learning with the Christian values of forgiveness and respect for others.
We are proud of our heritage as a church school where
- Children from all cultures and faiths thrive, learning skills and behaviours that will guide them their whole lives.
- That underpins teaching, learning and daily school life with the Christian values of forgiveness, respect for others, truth and responsibility
- All children experience the very best that the school has to offer so that they are challenged and inspired to achieve their full potential.
- We take advantage of our ‘small school status’ to encourage and promote opportunities for children to work and play across the age range ensuring that everyone in the school community knows everyone else
- Links with our local community are strong
"Children get off to a strong start in the Reception Year. From starting points that are generally as expected for their age, children attain standards that are usually a little above average by the time they transfer to Year 1. Last year, children did particularly well in developing their early reading skills. Current Reception children have a good understanding of the sounds that letters make and how these are applied in reading and spelling simple words."
Working for us
Are you an exceptional teacher or an outstanding member of support staff? We are always on the lookout for motivated and accomplished team members to join us. You’ll be joining an extremely friendly, well-motivated and enthusiastic staff determined to make our school officially outstanding as soon as possible. We can offer you:
- A positive staff culture with extremely high expectations of work and behaviour
- Well-behaved children
- A well-functioning leadership team who views professional development as a priority
- A friendly and well-motivated staff and an inclusive community in which you can flourish
- The opportunity to continue your career working alongside fabulous teachers and teaching assistants.
About River Learning Trust
Horspath Church of England Primary School is a member of River Learning Trust, a Multi-Academy Trust responsible for a number of schools and a school centred initial teacher training (SCITT) provider within Oxfordshire. We’re a Trust committed to the professional learning and development of staff with high-quality training in-school and through the Oxfordshire Teaching Schools Alliance.
As a school-led organisation, we are always keen to recruit and train the very best individuals who we hope will go on to become excellent teachers in our partnership of schools. We operate under the title, Oxfordshire Teacher Training and all the details of our programmes can be found at http://www.oxfordshireteachertraining.co.uk.