Hove Park School and Sixth Form Centre
Brighton and Hove, United Kingdom
About Hove Park School and Sixth Form Centre
Hove Park is an ambitious and innovative place to work. We strive to help young people enjoy successful lives by giving them an inspirational, academic and enriching education. We resolutely believe that every child is capable of outstanding achievement.
Our new Head Teacher, Jim Roberts, took over in April 2017 and is continuing to build on our growing reputation as a happy, vibrant school providing a world class education
- Students achieving the government’s preferred range of highly academic subjects (EBacc) significantly above national averages
- In the sixth form, there were also improvements in attainment with our overall pass rate at A Level improving and at the top end more students than ever before achieving A*/A grades.
- Committed teachers who are passionate about teaching
- OFSTED highlighted rapid transformation, visionary leadership and increasingly outstanding quality of teaching
- Taking a leading role nationally and internationally in the use of iPads for all students
- A rich, broad and nurturing curriculum with excellent creative and sporting opportunities
Other notable innovations and achievements are:
- An outstanding Leadership Development programme, which includes a Shadow Leadership Team, visits to Outstanding schools and opportunities for secondment to the Leadership Group
- An inspiring ‘Beyond the Curriculum’ offering with opportunities to travel to Thailand, Iceland, China and Ecuador as well as exploring our rich local heritage.
- Alternative Education programmes such as Forest School, which seek to give students confidence and an awareness of their environment
- 2015 marked the fourth back to back re-accreditation of the coveted ‘International Schools Award’ for Hove Park School by The British Council in recognition of our high quality international projects and links.
- We have been a Confucius Classroom since 2009 in recognition of our commitment to the learning of Chinese language and culture
Working at Hove Park School
We are keen to recruit ambitious, self-motivated staff to help us become a nationally recognized centre of excellence, which puts achievement first for every student.
Hove Park School is located on two sites. The Valley Campus is for years 7 to 9, and Nevill Campus is for years 10 to 13. Some of our staff base themselves on one campus, and some choose to commute. The opportunity is there for staff to choose which route to take, and staff are able to change where they are based every academic year, should they wish to.
The pastoral life of the school is very important, so most teachers have their own tutor group. We operate in Year Teams, but we have Houses that we use for Sports Day and other competitions.
We have a personalized CPD programme that includes timetabled CPD sessions with colleagues from across the school. You will be keen to make the most of these opportunities, keen to learn and keen to share your learning with others.